Okay, I have been asked continually for the last
month week if I’ve seen the damn Harry Potter movie. As I don’t especially care for the movie franchise, my reaction was pretty apathetic. However, my dad said he was going to see it so I figured ‘why not’, as I wouldn’t pay. I give you my top ten thoughts after sitting there for two and a half hours:
- ….Is Snape wearing make-up?!
- CGI snakes are such attention whores and almost as bad actors as Emma Watson: they keep looking at the camera and attacking it.
- Pt1: Harry Potter should not consider a future career in dance. Pt2: Daniel Radcliffe should not consider a future career in dance.
- Dobby is simply pure win.
- The movies are killing off the only comic relief.
- Daniel, you are getting confused. This is not Equus. You do not need to strip off your clothes.
- Someone give Helena Bonham Carter an award?
- Nope, I still wanna slap Emma Watson.
- Has someone been working out, Rupert?
- I feel like they should just rename this movie ‘Harry Potter and the sights of the UK (Please come and visit, we need the money)’. Maybe that just got eliminated because it was too obvious? Or even just too long.
However, for all my bitching, I will freely admit it was actually the best movie of the seven so far. Which is almost a compliment as it is like me talking about my favourite terrorist. (anyone get the reference? (; )
At least I’ll finally be able to say that I’ve seen the movie now.